5 guys I find attractive

by - 10:00 AM



Women and girls face beauty standards on a daily basis and in a scale larger than any man can fathom. But today even men’s ideal body image is changing from a diversified standard of beauty to a more masculine and manned-up figure. Men now increasingly pursue a muscular and toned physique, emulating mainstream movie actors like Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling, Chris Hemsworth and Hugh Jackman. 

Men tend to prioritize getting in shape. It might seem like a drive towards healthy lifestyle, but this probably has more to do with the unrealistically ideal ‘athletic’ body that’s being glamorized in the mass media. Advertising industries and action films frequently romanticize the athletic body of male, making men around the world feel inadequate and unsatisfactory. While the notions around gender and identity are changing around the world, hyper-athletic models are trending, and male actors in Hollywood face high body image standards. In this way, men are also sexualized, maybe just not as much as women.

In the midst of all these insane and unachievable standards of beauty, people who actually are beautiful are left underrated. The following are, in no particular order five guys I find attractive from the mainstream entertainment mass media, and the reasons why. 

1.  Thomas Sangster   

        
I remember watching The Maze Runner for the first time on T.V. As the movie began, it showed a group of guys stuck in the Glade. There were some pretty good looking guys (including Thomas and Min-ho), but my eyes always rested on Newt (played by Thomas Sangster), a slender guy with a sharp pixie-cut face, thin and stern lips and prominent cheekbones. He was second-in-command in the Glade, which only made him even more attractive. Sangster also played the admirable warg boy Jojen Reed in Game of Thrones. While reading the books, I instantly took a liking to Jojen Reed’s character. You can imagine my happiness when I found out that Thomas Sangster plays this character.
Also, yes he’s that cute little boy from Love actually. 

2. Dane Dehaan


I first saw Dehaan in The Amazing Spiderman 2. He plays Harry Osborn, Peter Parker’s childhood friend and heir apparent to Oscorp, corporation created by his father Norman Osborn. He instantly stole my heart away with his piercing glare, a deep voice like honey, and incredible acting skills. I was even more amazed to know that he of all people was the one making out with Harry Potter Daniel Redcliff in Kill your darlings!    
3. Kit Harrington


I fell in love with the Game of Thrones book at prologue, and with Jon Snow at first chapter. I think I have a thing for underdogs. My heart instantly went out to the handsome brave bastard of Ned Stark at Winterfell, secretly jealous of his half-brother Rob Stark but never able to hate him. When I started watching the T.V show, I instantly took a liking to the actor who plays the character. Kit Harrington, with his handsome medieval 14th-century look and wonderful acting skills makes the perfect Jon Snow the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros could ever have.    

4.    Robin Lord Taylor


I wasn’t a fan of Batman. That was until the FOX T.V show Gotham. Apart from the kid who plays Bruce Wayne (because liking him would be pedophilic), I fell head over heels for Penguin’s character. His real name is Oswald Cobblepot, played by Robin Lord Taylor. To say that Robin slays the role would be an understatement. You’ll have to watch the show to believe me. He’s incredible. Penguin is a ruthless smartass snitch criminal of the Gotham’s underworld. I especially loved that he gradually falls in love with his partner in crime, Edward Nygma. Recently Robin Lord Taylor posted a picture of his boyfriend on Instagram and it was all I could do to not scream. 

5.    Troye Sivan


I love Troye for well, being Troye. The kid Logan in X-Men Origins: Wolverine? That was him. I know, it blew me away too. The first song by Troye I listened to was a self-composition dedicated to Fault in our stars.

And I don’t want to say goodbye,
Someone tell me why,
I just want to see the stars with you…

*wipe tears* The second song I listened to was “Heaven”. This song talks about the feelings of a young closeted boy who wonders if there is a path to heaven even if he is gay. Well yeah, obviously I was sniveling over this one. So then I got the entire album “Blue Neighborhood” from a friend, and I still love every single song in it. Recently Troye may be climbing the ladder to success in the American Music Industry, but the world needs more of Troye Sivan and his cuteness!      
   

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. You got a good set of guys you find them attractive. Please add me too to your list to make "6 guys I find attractive' :P :P :P. Keep updating sa because it feels good to let the feelings out.

    ReplyDelete